Events and Cultural Resources
The German Department regularly organizes a range of academic events:
- Lectures & Workshops bring together invited scholars with students and faculty to explore an area of research in German Studies or Second Language Acquisition.
- Conferences & Symposia highlight areas of research from our own faculty and include speakers from related disciplines at Georgetown and other universities.
- Graduate Student Conferences bring together students and faculty from Georgetown with students from German studies programs across the U.S.
- BMW Center for German and European Studies at Georgetown offers many events that are of interest to faculty and students in the German Department.
Upcoming German Department Events include:
- Virtual Event – Lecture with Dr. Vance Byrd – Remembering the War: The Field Artist and the Panorama Lecturer. Friday, April 9, 2021 at 2:00 pm (ET).
Students and faculty at Georgetown University also benefit from a rich variety of academic and cultural institutions in the Washington, DC area, including the Goethe Institut, the German Historical Institute, and the Institute for Contemporary German Studies, among many others.