Events and Cultural Resources
The German Department regularly organizes a range of academic events:
- Lectures & Workshops bring together invited scholars with students and faculty to explore an area of research in German Studies or Second Language Acquisition.
- Conferences & Symposia highlight areas of research from our own faculty and include speakers from related disciplines at Georgetown and other universities.
- Graduate Student Conferences bring together students and faculty from Georgetown with students from German studies programs across the U.S.
- BMW Center for German and European Studies at Georgetown offers many events that are of interest to faculty and students in the German Department.
Upcoming German Department Events include:
- Kulturstunde – Thema “Deutscher Film,” Monday, February 24, 5:00-6:00 pm in Konrad’s Corner (outside ICC 467)
- Diskrepanzen der Grünen – eine Partei zwischen Programmatik, Realpolitik und Projektion, Thursday, February 27, 2:00-3:30 pm in ICC 462
- German Poetry and the Challenges of the Anthropocene, Friday, February 28, 12:30-3:00 pm in ICC 462
- Kulturstunde – Thema “Jugendsprache,” Monday, March 16, 5:00-6:00 pm in Konrad’s Corner (outside ICC 467)
- Kulturstunde – Thema “Essen,” Monday, March 30, 5:00-6:00 pm in Konrad’s Corner (outside ICC 467)
Students and faculty at Georgetown University also benefit from a rich variety of academic and cultural institutions in the Washington, DC area, including the Goethe Institut, the German Historical Institute, and the Institute for Contemporary German Studies, among many others.